Friday 4 September 2009

It's Day 7...

...in A&E.

I managed to do my UKCAT last week, 650 average, lower than last year (675) but I suppose it'll have to do.

I've been at work for 2 weeks now, and there's been some interesting stuff going on, notably we declared a major incident for something something something*, a prolapsed bowel (which I can only describe as.... intestines falling through the arse. literally) which the surgeons didn't believe. Yes, they didn't believe the bowel had prolapsed. In fairness, I didn't believe it, nor had our middle grade seen it before.

But yes, all in all, work is good. Though I didn't like the 3 long days in a row I've just had. Translation - a 12hr shift (8am-8pm) on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

I want to send off my UCAS next week, but stupid trust induction next week. Oh well, a reference from one of the consultants and an academic one from my (former) head of sixth will have to get done during my induction week instead. Arse.

*Nothing personal - just if I said you probably could work out where I work and who I am. Not so sure I'm that comfortable doing so yet. Though probably major incident is enough to work that out - get googling!

No comments:

Post a Comment